Alcohol is one of the most abused substances in the USA and it has been linked to several crimes and accidents. It is also a major concern for families whose children are exposed to this at a very tender age. Also, at the workplace employers should get alcohol test to avoid any unnecessary liabilities afterward
Similarly, Synthetic drugs are also abused to a greater extent. A number of synthetic drugs such as Ecstasy, LSD, Marijuana, Opoids etc are sold in the market illegally. MDMA and Bath salts continues to be a challenge for the law enforcement agencies. According to center of disease control and prevention, number of death due to drug overdose was close to 65000 in march 2017 in USA. This is a huge number!
Itâ€™s time that we regularly conduct both EtG alcohol and synthetic drugs test to set a good example for all the sects of the society and provide a safer atmosphere at the workplace.
EtG Alcohol testing
In EtG Alcohol Testing, EtG which is the direct metabolite of alcohol (ethanol); the presence of EtG in urine, hair, and blood may be used to detect recent ethanol ingestion, even after ethanol is no longer measurable. EtG will show consumption of any alcohol going back 80 hours on a urine EtG test and up to 90 days on a hair EtG test.
EtG alcohol testing is available in all areas of the United States from US Drug Test Centers.
Synthetic Drug testing
Synthetic drugs are officially called as psychoactive substances or NPS. They are made up of chemicals designed to imitate the effects of traditional drugs like cocaine, cannabis, ecstasy, LSD and other illicit substances. Synthetic drug tests can be carried out by taking specimens of urine, blood and saliva.
Who all can take this test?
This test is ideal for families, schools, teams, organizations and workplace testing. They are perfect for counselor and psychiatrist offices and wilderness treatment centers.
How long can the drugs and alcohol be tested?
This varies depending on the substance used, the quantity in which it is used, age and gender of the person. Normally alcohol can be detected up to 24-72 hours after the intake. Marijuana can be detected up to 30 days or above under heavy dosage or chronic use.
Why should you go for ETG alcohol and synthetic drugs both?
It is advisable to conduct drug and alcohol tests on a regular basis to avoid any mishaps. If you are an employer then you must conduct drug and alcohol test of your employees. For employer workplace testing, alcohol should be tested using breath or with blood samples. It has been observed that
- 8.2% of full-time workers illicitly take drugs.
- 65% of work-related accidents are directly related to drug abuse
Key benefits of Using EtG test Include:
- It can detect the recent usage of alcohol easily for a longer period of time than standard testing (80 hours)
- It can accurately indicate the presence of alcohol ingestion within the previous 3 to 4 days
- Plays a vital role monitoring in alcohol treatment programs
The cost of employers to illegal drug abuse is over $81million per year.
Key benefits of Using Synthetic Drug test include:
- It promotes a safer working environment. After all, nobody can deny that drug abuse leads to lots of risk at the workplace.
- It helps reduce the legal legalities incurred on the employer. If an employer fails to provide a safe working environment, employers are liable to pay a hefty money.
- Less employee turnover and reduced employment cost. People who are prone to use drugs would likely to change jobs. With such a high employee turnover, employers would be forced to spend more on recruiting new workers.
Various test kits for EtG alcohol test
- Alco-Screen Alcohol Test Strips
- QED Saliva Alcohol Test
- Bath Salt Laboratory Test
- (EtG) Alcohol Urine Test Dip Card – Tests 80 Hours Back – Low Cut-Off 300 ng/mL
Various test kits for Synthetic Drug test
- DrugConfirm Advanced Urine Drug Test Kit
- DrugConfirm K2 / Spice/Marijuana Drug Test Kit
- 12 Panel DrugConfirm Advanced Urine Drug Test Dip Card w/ K2 Spice
According to National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. alcohol is the most addictive substance in the U.S. with one of every 12 adults is suffering from alcohol abuse or dependence. Also, drugs such as Marijuana are banned in many states of USA due to its ill effects on people. Itâ€™s time that we must take stringent actions and avoid drug abuse as much as we can in the workplace and everywhere else.
Synthetic drugs and Alcohol abuse at workplace concerns can be dealt with a little more easily if a company has a well-thought-out policy in place. This policy should apply the right programmes, including synthetic drugs testing, to provide CEOs, HR and safety officers clear and legal guidelines that will help them efficiently handle any synthetic drugs and alcohol abuse at the workplace